Pneumatic conveying systems are a type of conveyor system that relies on compressed air to move the product. They use pressurized air to transport bulk materials and products from one location to another, using various bins or containers for storage. This blog post will discuss how pneumatic conveying systems work, what they’re capable of handling, and their advantages over other types of conveyor equipment.
What is Pneumatic Conveying Systems?
Pneumatic conveying systems are bulk material handling equipment that uses compressed air to move products through piping or tubing. This can be done in either a horizontal, vertical, or inclined direction, depending on the application and what is being transported. These conveyor systems rely on pressure differentials created by fans to create airflow within the system itself.
What do Pneumatic Conveying Systems Handle?
A pneumatic conveying system will typically consist of three essential components: A blower (which creates positive pressure), a discharge point (where the pressurized fluid exits out into its destination), and one or more receiving points where it can access stored materials for transport back up to other parts of the facility. From here, they can be transported to a variety of destinations, including:
– Packaging Lines
Advantages of Pneumatic Conveying Systems over Other Types of Conveyor Equipment:
There are several advantages that pneumatic conveying systems have over other types of conveyor equipment. Some of these benefits include:
– Increased Capacity – A pneumatic conveying system can move more product per hour than traditional belt or screw conveyors.
– Versatility – They can handle a wide range of products and materials, both large and small.
– Ease of Installation – They’re typically easier to install than other conveyor systems.
– Flexibility – They’re ideal for use in both new and existing facilities.
– Reliability – Pneumatic conveyor systems are typically less prone to mechanical problems because they don’t have moving parts.
– Speed – Because they don’t have any moving parts, pneumatic conveyor systems can transport materials at extremely high speeds.
– Noise Reduction – Pneumatic conveying platforms can reduce noise levels within the facility by up to 50%. This is important for facilities that deal with foodstuffs or other sensitive items which require a quiet environment to operate correctly.
Suppose you’re looking for a conveying system that is reliable, easy to use, and has low maintenance costs. In that case, a pneumatic conveying system may be the perfect option for your business. These systems have been proven to handle a wide range of products and materials with ease and can help reduce noise levels within the facility.